So, being in a somewhat positive mood after guitar horse having turned out better than I expected, I decided to use the momentum to finish up a few-months-old sketch.
Wanted to have a shot at playing with lighting some more and for a first time with more than one light source it turned out rather nice and I somewhat managed to achieve the mood I was going for.
Yeah, there’s a bunch of things I could’ve polished more, but it was starting to take too long, not to mention that I’ve managed to overload SAI with the resolution I’ve been working at and amount of layers to the point where any attempt of manipulation prompted it to throw “out of memory” errors. Also, I feared that trying to make it any better might actually end up having effects detrimental to its quality.
In the end I find it better to just leave the piece where it is and use what I’ve learned to make the next one better.
Also, Twilight being on top of Celestia is a thing of which there can never be enough.
[Hi-res]: Derpibooru, e621